Saturday, April 5, 2014

Floral Tags, RRD Blog Hop

It's Blog Hop time again at Rogue Redhead Designs. This month the Rogue Crew is featuring the wonderful stamp plate, Floriculture as its plate of the month. For spice, we are featuring the stamps on tags.


When I created my first tag to share, I did go to the stamp set Getting Grizzly for the background stamp. All of the other stamps used are from Floriculture. I bordered the background top and bottom with the checked border. I stamped the flowers on a scrap of white cardstock and colored them using distress markers. I tore the border around the flowers and touched metallic brass distress stain around the edges. The sentiment was stamped on another white panel and bordered with the brass stain. The ribbon was colored using the stain.


To make the background on my second tag, I used the distress paint marbling technique. I then lightly stenciled over the paint.  All stamps used on this tag are from  Floriculture. Once the background paint and ink had dried, The sentiment was stamped. The doily and vase were die cut using Cheery Lynn Design dies. I stamped the flowers on a separate sheet of cardstock and fussy cut them to place in the vase. I just love a vase of fresh flowers!
Oh, by the way, the Floriculture plate will be on sale for $10.00 for the month. Now is the time to get  this wonderful and versatile set of stamps. 

I invite you to visit all of the Rogue Crew members blogs. There's a  lot of inspiration and creativity to see. Here are the links. Happy hopping!

Sharon Briss - Ill Tempered Ink

Krisha Ogle - 
Krisha's Keepsakes

Vicki Robertson - 
He"Artful" Validation of Vicki

Debi Ryan - 
My Bird Flying Free

Trisha Too - 
Easily Amused, Hard to Offend...

Barbara Washington - 
Magic Delights

Sharon Briss - 
Rogue Redhead Designs blog

6 comments:

2amscrapper said...

great background techniques to showcase the stamps. I like the doily under the vase.

Anonymous said...

Two very pretty tags! Love them both!

Vicki said...

Fantastic tags, Barbara! Love the sunflowers.

trisha too said...

Very nice tags, Barbara!

:)

Debi said...

two gorgeous tags Barbara, I especially love the big bright blooms on the first and the background on the second- my fav colours :-) Debi xx

Krisha said...

What wonderful tags Barbara, can't decide which I like the best.